Yoga is like music. The rhythm of the body, the melody of the mind, the harmony of the soul create the symphony of life. — BKS Iyengar
What is Yoga?
Yoga is an ancient practice that links mind, body, and spirit. Yoga creates balance in the body through physical postures that develop strength and flexibility. Each posture provides specific physical and mental benefits. Everyone can benefit from the practice of classical Yoga techniques – all levels, ages, shapes and sizes.
Yoga Tips and Courtesies
- Please turn cell phone off once you enter the studio.
- Remove your shoes in the front entry.
- Being on time is greatly appreciated.
- We would appreciate not wearing heavy perfumes or colognes.
- We do provide mats if needed, but encourage bringing your own.
- Wear comfortable clothes that you can move in. Yoga is done barefoot, so no worries about shoes or socks.
- Avoid eating a large meal two to three hours before a class.
- We have a changing room.
- You do not have to be flexible to try yoga! As you practice yoga you will gain flexibility, coordination and strength.
Crossroads Yoga is located in Crossroads Village at the corner of McArdle Road and Airline Road. We have plenty of room and a full complement of Yoga props to handle large classes of 15 students or better. Individuals and groups who are interested in private lessons will find that our studio is more than ready to fulfill their needs and requirements.
With a relaxing atmosphere that allows for a calm and soothing experience, we are confident that you will make Crossroads Yoga Studio your new Yoga home.
Paula and Gretchen